Thursday, February 24, 2011

Plyometric

Yesterday after work, a friend of mine invited me to take her Plyometrics class with her. I'd never taken one, but she insisted that it was a lot of fun. So I went. I pre-warned her that I had the worst cardio of anyone I know. I used to be very athletic growing up, involved in every sport imaginable but in the past 5 years haven't done much. I was excited to go and figured 30 minutes, how bad can it be...
Well about 15 minutes into the class I felt like I was gonna pass out. She mentioned that it wasn't this intense last time, and I laughed because no one else seemed to be struggling. It didn't help that I hadn't eaten anything since lunch. I ended up taking a breather when I looked in the mirror and had no color in my face...
After the class was over, we went back to my house, where our men had prepared a yummy dinner for us. We joked and laughed about how bad my cardio was. But it made me realize that I'm 23 I should have no problem finishing a 30 minute Plyometrics Class. So I'm determined to go back, I'll eat something before, and finish the class... My little heart needs to be healthy!

No comments: